WHY BUY NEW CONSTRUCTION
A new home translates into benefits and advantages that are simply not available in a resale property. Here are some reasons that have convinced many to buy new:
You Know What You Are Getting
You can watch your new home being built. There are no surprises when you move in. You know how the home was built and you know what is behind the walls. You also know how to operate and maintain your homes equipment, and your builder is always there if you need help.
You Get What You Want
Why live with other peoples outdated designs or outlandish decorating? Why spend money redoing the previous owners improvements? From the layout, to the cabinets, to the flooring, new-home builders offer a wide selection of designs, floor plans and upgraded features. You get to pick and choose, customizing your new home to suit your personality and lifestyle. A new home, right from the start.
New homes often come equipped with new appliances of higher technology.
- New homes have more electrical outlets and can be wired for internet access and cable television.
- New homes are often larger than older ones where the average size was around 1200 square feet, now homes are averaging 1900 square feet.
- Most new homes average 2-3 bathrooms as standard where as, older homes only had 1-2 on average.
- Bathrooms and kitchens in new homes have more appealing and luxurious features such as, large vanity mirrors, medicine cabinets, and oversized tubs.
- Many new homes may feature advanced technology options such as, programmed lighting, security and intercom systems.
- Many homebuilders offer services to assist prospective buyers with securing affordable financing for a new home.
New Homes Require Less Maintenance
The new homes of today are often built with siding, window and trim materials that never need painting.
- Vinyl flooring is often installed and easier to care for than linoleum that has been used in the past.
- In a new home, everything is new so there are few worries and repairs.
New Homes Are Built Better Than Ever
There have been tremendous advances in building technology. Building codes are significantly more stringent, and the design and inspection process is far more detailed than in the past. In addition to being much safer, new homes are also highly energy efficient, saving you money in lower energy bills. Indoor air quality is better because healthier products containing fewer allergens are used. Todays building products work better, last longer and often look better.
New Homes Are Safer Than Older Ones
Those who live in the new homes of today are almost six times less likely to die from fire than those that live in older homes.
- Most new homes have hard-wired smoke detectors on the entry level and most are interconnected to others on a second level.
- New homes have central heating systems that reduce the risk of fire that comes with a space heater or wood stove found in an older home.
- New homes contain circuit breakers in place of fuse boxes which can often overload if the wrong size fuse is used.
- Ground fault interrupters are installed in kitchens, bathrooms, and outdoors to reduce the risk of fire and electrocution.
- Todays new homes feature tempered glass that will crumble instead of breaking into jagged pieces that could injure people.
- New home communities also offer safer environments, with sidewalks, cul-de-sacs and open spaces, and many also feature shared amenities such as a playground, pool or clubhouse to enhance your lifestyle. When you buy new, you get all the features you want, customized just for you.
- Due to the number of safety features found in newer homes, insurance rates tend to be lower.
New Homes Are More Energy Efficient
The energy efficiency codes such as those pertaining to ceiling standards, and wall and floor standards have become stricter in recent years than in the past.
- The heating and cooling systems of today consume half as much energy as in the past.
You cannot get the comprehensive warranty on a resale that is offered by new-home builders. Professional homebuilders not only offer a 1 year comprehensive warranty, but also a 2 year electrical, plumbing and heating/cooling system assurance, and guarantee the structure for 10 years. When something goes wrong, your builder is there to make you happy, no matter what the costs. More than ever, new homes offer peace of mind.
When you buy a new home, you will not need to re-roof, replace the furnace, work on the pipes or update the kitchen for many years to come. With a new home, you know what your housing costs will be for years to come, allowing you to budget ahead comfortably. Due to new home building techniques, your time will be less burdened with home maintenance, allowing you to enjoy your new lifestyle neighborhoods.
Considering a new home? Contact us to discuss the process.